From MNE-CPP Wiki
- If you add new functions/classes ensure everything is documented properly.
- All code should follow the Coding Conventions & Style.
- Write new unit tests for the bugs you fixed or functionality you added.
- Commit often! In particular: Make atomic commits. This means that each commit should contain exactly one self-contained change - do not mix unrelated changes, and do not create inconsistent states. Never "hide" unrelated fixes in bigger commits.
- Use task related flags in front of each commit. I.e. if your task has the task tag SC-1, put [SC-1] in front of the commit message.
- Write descriptive commit messages. Make them self-contained, so people do not have to research the historical context to make sense of them.
- And most importantly: use your brain :)